Car Valuation Near Port St. Lucie, FL
Welcome to the wild and wacky world of trade-in values! We’re going to tell you everything you need to know: how your trade value is established and what that means for your next purchase. Your trade value is often one of the most critical pieces of the car-deal-puzzle, and we’ll show you how to do it right and share what details matter most. Scroll below to learn more about our trade value process at your trusted Chevy dealer near Port St. Lucie.
Four simple steps to discover your car’s Kelley Blue Book value.
About Kelley Blue Book® Values
For over 90 years, Kelley Blue Book has been The Trusted Resource for used car values, helping car owners understand what their used car is worth. Kelley Blue Book Values are the results of massive amounts of data, including actual sales transactions and auction prices, which are then analyzed and adjusted to account for seasonality and market trends. Kelley Blue Book Values reflect local conditions in over 100 different geographic regions and are updated weekly to give consumers the most up-to-date used car pricing information.
Establish Your Trade Value Near Port St. Lucie
Ok. So you want to know how much your car is worth as a trade-in. Sounds easy enough. But in all honesty, there are some key variables that most customers never consider, and it’s often the cause of frustrations. We’ll tell you what those details are so that you can arrive at a trade value that is accurate and fair. Ready? Here’s the whole truth and nothing but:
- Your vehicle is always worth more as a private sale. We take the time to tell you this because, remember, we have to make a little bit of money too. Look closely at the KBB tool. The retail sale value is not the same as the trade-in value. By the time we take in your vehicle, inspect, service, recondition, and prep it, there’s nearly no more room for a potential profit. This is why dealer trade-in values are always lower than a private sale or retail dollar estimate.
- All trade-in numbers are local-market data-based. Maybe you had your sporty convertible evaluated in South Florida. That Kelley Blue Book value seems pretty fair. But then you had that same vehicle evaluated in Anchorage, Alaska, when you moved. The value for your convertible is much less in Alaska than in FL. Why? Markets will determine the trade-in value of your vehicle based on desirability. Depending on what you have to trade-in, the region will determine the final value because that sporty convertible can only be used for about nine days out of the year up there.
- Your trade value numbers end up different than ours. Why? Let’s say you used the online Kelley Blue Book Value tool. You get a $20K car valuation. Then you bring it in; our sales specialist does a walk-around and presents a $15K valuation. What happened? In order for that trade value tool to work properly, you need to disclose any and all flaws accurately. You might not think that the duct tape holding up your bumper is a big deal. But for us, that means a $3K–4K repair, among other service costs. Every little detail counts. Make sure to disclose them.
It sounds a little intimidating. But this is how it will work at any dealership. You always want the most you can get for your trade value. We know that. And we’re happy to go as far as we can for you. But the information needs to be accurate so that we can put our best offer on the table.
What Are the Benefits of Trading In?
Your trade value has a secret value. Actually, it has a few surprising benefits. Here’s why your trade-in is worth more than you might think:
- Tax Savings. You want to buy one of our cars for $35K. Your trade-in is worth $10K. The net taxable dollars is $25K respectively. That’s a substantial amount of tax savings. Approximately several hundred dollars for you accountants out there!
- DMV Credits. If you transfer your registration, you will save on the cost of new registration and plate fees.
- Payoff Accommodation. If you owe money on your trade, bringing your vehicle to us is hands down the easiest way to handle the chaos of paperwork and logistics in satisfying your balance.
- Peace of mind. The second we take the keys, you’re done. Imagine selling your vehicle privately. Only to have the new owner call you about issues again and again and AGAIN. If you think you’re free and clear, you’re mistaken. There are many legal liabilities involved in selling a used car that vary by state and county. The risk may not be worth it in the end.
Trading your vehicle at the dealer creates an easier purchase experience for you — not to mention the time savings. So take a moment. Call us if you have any questions. Research the KBB value for used cars like yours and see what you come up with. Click on that “value my car” tool. Enter in the accurate information and see how you do!
Trade up for a Better Ride
If you’ve searched for “used cars for sale near me,” no doubt Dyer Chevy will come up (assuming you’re not living in Anchorage, Alaska). We invite you to explore our inventory and pick out your favorite. Use our online trade value tool, payment calculator, and see where you’ll be once all the details are in place. If you need help, we’re standing by to do all of this with you or for you. Just let us know what works best. Chevy always encourages you to find new roads. But sometimes, that can only happen when you find your car’s trade value. We’re here to help you make the most of it!